Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rage about the rollback bs

+3
Kimberly
ChazTheDude
xcaldazar
7 posters

Go down

Rage about the rollback bs Empty Rage about the rollback bs

Post by xcaldazar Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Thought we should leave Chaz's poor zakum thread alone so I made this.

If what I read about the rollback is true I'm done with this game. My time is not worth that measly 5k nx to compensate me.

Well if I can get skype working well on linux I can say goodbye to windows as well since I won't need it to run maplestory.

I expect to sell my accounts eventually, my NL would come with even the email access. I'd probably make a selling post on honour's site. Any other recommended sites for that?
xcaldazar

IGN : IshaCueran
Class : Night Lord
Humor : Twisted

Back to top Go down

Rage about the rollback bs Empty Re: Rage about the rollback bs

Post by ChazTheDude Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:41 pm

=(.
ChazTheDude

IGN : whatanign
Class : Adventurer
Humor : bored, horny, happy, calm, silly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Honestly... what did you expect them to do? They also didn't have to compenstate us for anything. Would you rather prices go up even more due to the 'fake' mesos?
Kimberly
Kimberly
Admin

IGN : Krygerin/Dytez/Krygaran
Class : Sader/Blaze Wiz/Aran
Humor : I like to giggle... alot

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:11 pm

They certainly did have to compensate us if they wanted even a glimmer of hope of anyone coming back. They already lost scores of customers from this crap they pulled. The 5k comes as a slap in the face to a lot of people, but it also made a lot of people stay, which was their only goal.

Turns out I walked into fm and found a 14 atk wg 30m cheaper. I lost 15m though. I also lost a safety charm before the rollback. Basically I ended up gaining 5.7k nx, 15m, and lost 6%. Completely unexpected to say the least.

P.S. THEY DID NOT ROLL BACK QUESTS. I did the pap quests monday and i still have them all done.
Steve
Steve

IGN : DKsDragon, DKsBowman
Class : Dark Knight, Bow Master
Humor : Present.

Back to top Go down

Post by RAW Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:04 pm

This is the final straw for Rose and I. It isnt the levels we lost. We did level and get 6 chars to lvl 50 and got the rings from Cassandra and had them equipped on the chars the rings were made for, all with in the last 3 days. Yes we lost ALL THAT HARD WORK and TIME for 5k Maple Points.... points I cant even gift cash shop items with (like 2x cards to another char). Maple Points are like store credit in the real world. No big loss on Nexon's part.

Here is what really pisses us off. Not only that we lost all that time, lvls and all 6 rings, but that the Cash Shop related quests and events that were due to end last night at the SC were extended, BUT the Explorer Adventurer quests were NOT. You can take the time to extend the Cash Shop related events (yes I am including Golden Temple with those as the 'free' ticket only lasts for 30 minutes and if you complete the quest for the ticket and log off, you lose the ticket and can not complete the quest again for that day), but you can't take a little more time to extend the Explorer events? (I mean who would be surprised at another hour or two extension to the already extended, extended, extended into the server check, extended unscheduled maintenance???)

We would have been pissed at the roll back, of course, but we would have gotten over it if they had given us the chance this week to get those rings back again. 2x events and 5k Nx 'store credit' is not compensation for something we can not get because they chose not to extend the Explorer event unlike the rest of the (cash shop) events they chose to extend.

This really sucks as I was enjoying MS again with my Brawler I created for being a cwpq pirate mule. It was one of the characters rolled back from lvl 50 and lost the ring on. Rose's gunslinger too. We worked really hard these last 3 days, harder than we have in the last 6 months on MS, and we were actually enjoying it, for the most part. We were also really proud of ourselves for finishing early (we had finished all of the chars before the unscheduled maintenance and had the rings on the char they were suppose to go to). To log in today to the roll back...and more importantly, to the fact that all the work was for nothing, our pirates lost all those lvls, and the ring event has expired, just killed it for us.
Sadly, I know we are not 'Quitting' MS, but it no longer holds as much value as a fun game to us anymore. We havent decided if we are going to quit our guilds to free up the spaces for active players, or just move them to one or two guilds instead. I guess it depends how often we log in and actually do anything in game.

Hooray for 5k nx 'credit' and the extension of the Golden Temple (and the discounted Golden Temple Tickets), Vega Scrolls, One-A-Day cash shop sales. Too bad we are not able to use any of that to rebuild our characters we made for the rings, too. Neutral

Happy Mapling ~ Rob and Rose
RAW
RAW

IGN : SirRAW13
Class : Drk

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 pm

I agree with everything you have said, that is total BS, and I thought the exact same thing. Before quitting, lodge a ticket. If enough people do, they cant overlook ALL of them. Here is what I submitted:

Several of my friends lost their rings because they either earned them in the 4 days you rolled back or they were just about to hit 50 when you started a 21.5 hour maintenance. Many of my friends (big cash users) are quitting because of this. You should extend the event for another week because of this. It wont hurt you any and it will give you a lot more revenue from more people buying 2x cards for their ring characters.
Steve
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by 55 Guy Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm

You would think that would be common sense to them.
55 Guy
55 Guy

IGN : XxSanjixX55
Class : Bucc

Back to top Go down

Post by xcaldazar Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:30 pm

I only lost one character, if they extend the ring thing I may continue. But this is such a joke. I'm nearly about to delete my characters to make sure I don't come back to this game. Although I could use the money from sales...
xcaldazar

IGN : IshaCueran
Class : Night Lord
Humor : Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by ChazTheDude Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:36 pm

I kept saying to my self, ill be active again sooner or later, but if most of my good friends quit, I dont see a reason to come back to maple.

With alot of people want to quit due to this makes me sad. Main reason i want to be motiavated to come back is because of my friends. There no point in that if Most of my friends quit.
ChazTheDude

IGN : whatanign
Class : Adventurer
Humor : bored, horny, happy, calm, silly

Back to top Go down

Post by RAW Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Here is what I just submitted for one of our accounts:

You are kidding me right... You can take the time to extend the cash shop related events that were scheduled to end in last night's server check/patch, but you couldnt extend the Explorer/Adventure Events too? Especially after the decision to roll back was made? The 5k Maple Points (ie in store credit) and 2x events is NOT COMPENSATION for the time we spent leveling our new chars, and more importantly those Explorer rings WE CAN NOT GET NOW BECAUSE YOU DECIDED NOT TO EXTEND THAT. Glad to know you are willing to put time and effort into extending the cash shop related events but not the rest of the events. We know where your loyalty is...your bottom line and not the players.

We would have been upset at the roll back, yes, but you could of at least given us the chance to make up for the loss by extending the event like you did the rest of the events that were extended. 2x EXP and 5k nx credit might have been considered compensation IF WE COULD HAVE USED THEM TO RECREATE OUR NEW CHARACTERS THAT WERE ROLLED BACK AND/OR LOST. But since that event was not extended, your compensation means nothing.
RAW
RAW

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Nother maintenance starting NOW, (10 min ago), some people speculated they are putting rings back in. I hope to hell they do.

EDIT: alright i dced just after i said LMAO xD
For those of you that were wondering, i turned on the TV and the first thing I heard when the sound kicked in was "TV". It was announcing itself =P
Steve
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by RAW Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:00 pm

@Chaz... I understand what you are saying. We have not merchant in like 3 or 4 weeks now. We have been trying to motivate ourselves to be more active, especially on weekends, mainly so we can get back in touch with our friends in game, but it has been hard with the events this year sucking (4th of July ... anyone remember Cody's BBQ? Where was that this year... oh yeah it was replaced by a cash shop item F3. Maple 5th Aniversary... Pie or Cake anyone? Balrog PQ... how many times have you done this pq? Can you count the number of times on your fingers alone? Dragon Rider PQ... hope you just leveled or are willing to lose all your hard earned EXP.... in the next 5 minutes!) and in game issues that took a while to get under control (d/c hackers that pretty much killed many HT runs and has still slowed down the number of ppl that host runs or the number of runs they do host now) or still have not been fixed (buddly list, etc).

I dont even want to think of the number of active players left on MapleStory that we have known for more than 2 years. It would be so small now it would be depressing. Sad

Unscheduled Server Check just started... again.
RAW
RAW

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikey Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:27 pm

I dont knwo if this affected me at all, but im already pissed off just reading about constant nexon fails. If they do not pick their -curses- up, im bound to quit.
Mikey
Mikey

IGN : cursed95, ThatYeloDude, TRockLeeB
Class : Aran
Humor : Robster Craws, and I Rove you Rucy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down