Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irony is a dish best served cold.

3 posters

Go down

Irony is a dish best served cold. Empty Irony is a dish best served cold.

Post by Steve Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:35 pm

We had an assignment in literary studies at the end of this unit to do a "personal reflection" on how we enjoyed this unit and which parts we found helpful etc. I answered the assignment properly, and in full - in fact when she was going over it in class, I had almost every element she said would help. But, I headed it with this paragraph (I excerpted the first sentence because it had no relevance on the paragraph):

Spoiler:

I got the paper back with a note saying I had missed the point of the assignment and to come see her after class. I was then chastised for being 'rude and offensive'. Though the rest of my essay answered the questions perfectly, I ended up failing this assignment (the first thing I have got back in this class lower than 90%). I was failed, and chastised, for being completely correct and having the balls to say it. Ironic.
Steve
Steve

IGN : DKsDragon, DKsBowman
Class : Dark Knight, Bow Master
Humor : Present.

Back to top Go down

Irony is a dish best served cold. Empty Re: Irony is a dish best served cold.

Post by 55 Guy Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 am

So did you take this to a higher power?
55 Guy
55 Guy

IGN : XxSanjixX55
Class : Bucc

Back to top Go down

Post by Fro5tfire Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:24 am

I totally understand where you are coming from Steve.
But in "life", sometimes it is better to let one hear what they want to hear.

Your side: You told it how it was. You answered the question that was asked.

Her side: She's a Prof. She spent god knows how many years in school.
Might even have a PH.D.

The last thing I would want (now remember this is from her eyes) some kid (from her point of someone half her age or more) telling her what's what and trying to prove a point. Maybe she felt you stuck one to her, or maybe you struck a nerve.
Either way, she stuck one back to you and gave you a failing mark for that assignment.

Now. By the sounds of it you know your shyte in that course as with your 90+avg in it. Don't take this as an attack on you Steve. And I'm not pulling the "I've been around longer in life so I know more than you" kinda thing either.

Best advice that I can give, never accidentally call your Prof "teach", and never criticize your Prof.

Hope she will allow you to rewrite that assignment.

-Fro5fire
Fro5tfire
Fro5tfire

IGN : Frortfire, Fro5tb1te
Class : Shadower, Evan
Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Surprisingly, its not even a prof, im still in high school (went back for a fifth year). I apologized when confronted, I really didn't intend it to be insulting anyway. I do know my stuff for the class, and in the end it wont be too big a mark, so I just let it drop. Maybe ill lose half a % by the end of the year cause of it, no bigge. Its still surprising that she took it so wrong and also decided to avenge it. (I checked with another teacher, he didn't find it offensive at all, and I wrote a similar essay last year [different topic, similar content] and got a 90 on it xD).

Ah well, just one of those life lessons I guess, only make fun of things that people cant attack you for Razz . I just hope she doesnt try and screw me over on future assignments....
Steve
Steve

IGN : DKsDragon, DKsBowman
Class : Dark Knight, Bow Master
Humor : Present.

Back to top Go down

Post by 55 Guy Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:42 pm

heres to hope. cheers
55 Guy
55 Guy

IGN : XxSanjixX55
Class : Bucc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum