Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential stuff.

5 posters

Go down

Potential stuff. Empty Potential stuff.

Post by DeeSeng Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:18 pm

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=29238

Deals with those magnifying glasses and cubes you see on the MapleStory website.

EDIT- ADDITIONAL INFO- SOOO basically what that thread said was...

There are 2 scrolls, potential and enhancive.

A potential scrolls' use is pretty basic. Use it on an item, then it becomes "unidentified". Then, as stated in the thread, you use the magnifying glasses on the item to make it "identified", thus revealing stat increases. You need different types of glasses for different levels of items. You can read more in the thread posted above.

There are also 2 types of potential scrolls. 70% and 90%. 70% drops from any monster, while 90% drops from only Zakum, Horntail, and Pink Bean. When used, they won't take any slots. These scrolls are also tradeable. Note, if it does fail, it WILL boom.

The stats that are added are random. So if you dislike them, you can reset it. The Miracle Cube in the cash shop, when used, turns back the item to "unidentified", and resets the potential of what it can add on.

Potential scrolls can give you a random %age of(for example) int, luk, etc. BY %age, I mean, say you have 800base str. Then you add up all your equips' str with that(example, 50), and mw's bonus(example, 10) if your using mw to get 860 all together. Now take that %age(A potential scroll can give a random number of %ages. Lvl1-30 items can have a 1%, 2%, or 3% increase to stats. Lv31-70 can give 2%, 4%, or 6%. 71+ can give 3%, 6%, or 9%.) And multiply that by your str(we'll use 3% for an example). Then add those 2 numbers together. (850+25.Cool Thats your extra power.

If you are lucky, you can get more than 1 %age. For example, 2 6%age add ons. Any item you potential scroll'd can have a %age increase of stats. Those are totaled with your stats that you have now after mw and equips are added before it.

Potential scrolls can also add on self-buffs. If you scrolled your shoes, you have a chance to get a self-buff haste. If a hat is scrolled, you could get a self-door. Gloves can give self SE. And top/bottom/overall, hyper body. All of these self-buffs are weaker forms of their better selves. More info on the thread.

As well, potential scrolls can be used on ANY item, whether there are slots or not.

In short, your pac's and wg's/bwg's are going to be weaker than lv100+ items.

These type of scrolls are the easier of the 2 to explain. And pretty much more powerful.

Enhancement scrolls you will have to read about on the link. There isn't much info on them to be saying things.

As far as we know, we're getting the same thing as KMS did, but GMS could have changed them around.

Please tell me of any errors made. And yes this is pretty long. This stuff can be confusing at 1st.

Last edited by DeeSeng on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:46 am; edited 4 times in total
DeeSeng
DeeSeng

IGN : DeeSeng, TsumetaiSeng, KuraiiSeng, RyuSeng
Class : Paladin, Aran, Dual Blader, Page
Humor : Stuff.

Back to top Go down

Potential stuff. Empty Re: Potential stuff.

Post by Fro5tfire Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:27 pm

My head hurts after reading all that.. Mad

Big thx for the link tho.

-Fro5tfire
Fro5tfire
Fro5tfire

IGN : Frortfire, Fro5tb1te
Class : Shadower, Evan
Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeSeng Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:56 pm

Koreans involve math in everything
DeeSeng
DeeSeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:00 am

Im glad i already have self-se, cause I just dropped 400mil on gloves, and I dont wanna see them instantly wasted >.<
Steve
Steve

IGN : DKsDragon, DKsBowman
Class : Dark Knight, Bow Master
Humor : Present.

Back to top Go down

Post by nightclawz Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:10 am

That 10% still gets me nervous, but i should still potential my gloves and shoes sometime...
nightclawz
nightclawz

IGN : nightclawz
Class : Shadower
Humor : Has a good sense of it

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeSeng Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 am

What level are the gloves Steve? And I agree Kev. My stuff sucks though so booming doesn't matter f2
DeeSeng
DeeSeng

Back to top Go down

Post by nightclawz Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:48 pm

I would be royally screwed if something boomed. The only ones I wouldn't care are the top and bottom, but I was planning on buying new ones. Maybe I should just potential them and see where it goes from there, since if I'm lucky enough, I won't have to buy new ones after all.
nightclawz
nightclawz

IGN : nightclawz
Class : Shadower
Humor : Has a good sense of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:58 am

my gloves are level 15 (green mittens), 14 attack. And i agree with kev, only thing i can possibly scroll would be my glasses.
Steve
Steve

IGN : DKsDragon, DKsBowman
Class : Dark Knight, Bow Master
Humor : Present.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeSeng Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:08 am

All my crap is above 70 so meh... Should I get a 14att wg at this point for my db?
DeeSeng
DeeSeng

Back to top Go down

Post by xcaldazar Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:11 am

The self buffs, do they apply for any lvled item? or only 70+ or hows that work?
xcaldazar

IGN : IshaCueran
Class : Night Lord
Humor : Twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeSeng Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:53 am

The self buffs are a KMS thing, I'm not too sure if GMS transferred that over. But I do believe it's on any item, just depends how lucky you are. Oh and something else, you can have a chance to freeze stuff.
DeeSeng
DeeSeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down