Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Current status of my laptop

+5
Miriya
Brian
Fro5tfire
ChazTheDude
Kimberly
9 posters

Go down

Will Kimberly's laptop work after the new 'repair'?

UPDATE: Current status of my laptop Vote_lcap33%UPDATE: Current status of my laptop Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
UPDATE: Current status of my laptop Vote_lcap67%UPDATE: Current status of my laptop Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 9

UPDATE: Current status of my laptop Empty UPDATE: Current status of my laptop

Post by Kimberly Wed May 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Ok... as most of you guys know my laptop has been in and out of the shop since January. I bought the computer at BestBuy and their extended warrenty program is through GeekSquad. I have never had a problem with GeekSquad before... and I actually don't have a problem with the local store, they've gone out of their way to try and help me solve this. It's the 'repair center' that they outsource laptop repairs to that is full of incompetent idiots. Thank goodness this isn't costing me anything except time and patience because the repairs so far are around 2K and I paid 1800$ for the laptop Laughing

Here's a summary of what I have been dealing with

Original problem: Laptop crashed in the middle of the night while charging iPod Touch and would not power back on
Original Repair: "Replaced" motherboard

-When I recieved my computer after the first 'repair' the computer still wouldn't turn on, it was turned immediately back in and shipped off to the repair center again

Second Repair: Replaced motherboard and vga board

-This time my computer worked for about 2 weeks, then crashed... worked an hour later, then crashed a week later. The GeekSquad manager backed up my hard drive for free before sending it out this time

Third Repair: Computer was sent back with 'no fault found'

-This pissed me off... so the local GeekSquad ran some diagnostics stuff of on it, found a trojan... removed it and sent me on my way... the computer was working and I was fine with that... but less than 24 hours later... the computer crashed again

Fourth Repair: Computer was sent back with 'no fault found' AGAIN (this was last week)

-This time I was furious and refused to take the computer back until something was actually replaced on the computer. The local GeekSquad wanted to reformat the hard drive and fiddle with it to see what makes it crash. 3 days later (last Friday) they give me a call saying it crashed while they were messing with certain part of the hard drive... so they sent it off again to the repair center with details on how to make it crash.

Fifth Repair: THEY FIXED THE AC ADAPTER (WTF?!) It's currently being shipped back now

-I wonder if this will actually work /sarcasm All I know is that was the 3rd actual repair they've made to it... if it doesn't work then I get my new laptop!

-sigh-

There is a no lemon clause in the warrenty stating that if they have to make 3 repairs they have to give me a new laptop. I think this is what's causing all this drama... they don't want to 'repair' it the 3rd time because if it crashes again... they owe me a laptop. So basically my 1800$ laptop is costing them around 4600$ and they aren't to happy with that.

Last edited by Kimberly on Fri May 14, 2010 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited Fifth repair details and added a poll)
Kimberly
Kimberly
Admin

IGN : Krygerin/Dytez/Krygaran
Class : Sader/Blaze Wiz/Aran
Humor : I like to giggle... alot

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Current status of my laptop Empty Re: UPDATE: Current status of my laptop

Post by ChazTheDude Wed May 12, 2010 2:25 pm

i bet it the hard drive is corrupted. tell them to check the hard drive.
ChazTheDude

IGN : whatanign
Class : Adventurer
Humor : bored, horny, happy, calm, silly

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Current status of my laptop Empty Re: UPDATE: Current status of my laptop

Post by Kimberly Wed May 12, 2010 2:53 pm

They've checked everything... They just don't want to repair it
Kimberly
Kimberly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fro5tfire Wed May 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Sounds like you got a lemon Kimmie.
Demand a new laptop.
That thing sounds like it is on it's last leg.

Look then dead in the eye and tell them you want a new one.
First one to blinks, wins..
hehe

But on a serious note, raise a little hell in there and get a new laptop.
All the best.

-Fro5tfire
Fro5tfire
Fro5tfire

IGN : Frortfire, Fro5tb1te
Class : Shadower, Evan
Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Wed May 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Aww come back alrdy D;
Brian
Brian

IGN : DexlesILLBIS/CrimsonRoarr/MarksMyMan/Graceling
Class : Night Lord/White Knight/Sniper/Cleric
Humor : HAHAHAHA Now I need Food =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Miriya Wed May 12, 2010 7:54 pm

I agree. Taylor has been having the same situation with his laptop, and you both need to be as assertive and mean as possible and make them replace it.

Having it be repaired multiple times obviously isn't doing any good.
Miriya
Miriya

IGN : Ayirim/MsMiriya
Class : B-b-b-bishop!/NightLord
Humor : "Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broke, but you can still see the crack in that mother...er's reflection."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Wed May 12, 2010 9:56 pm

I've yelled, raised hell, threatened, thrown things, pointed fingers, snarled, bitten (ok, maybe not bitten)... You get my drift.

This is the last straw. I WILL get a new computer if it comes back 'no fault' found again. It's just weird it worked perfectly fine for almost 2 years and now it craps out -sigh- Just my luck... as usual.
Kimberly
Kimberly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 55 Guy Thu May 13, 2010 8:22 am

ChazTheDude wrote:i bet it the hard drive is corrupted. tell them to check the hard drive.
sound like Chaz was right. Does he win a prize? Good luck on getting a new computer.
55 Guy
55 Guy

IGN : XxSanjixX55
Class : Bucc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Fri May 14, 2010 10:40 pm

updated 5th 'repair' status and added a poll for kicks xD
Kimberly
Kimberly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RAW Fri May 14, 2010 11:18 pm

I voted Yes, BUT SAY THAT IT'LL ONLY LAST FOR 3 MONTHS, TIL IT NEEDS REPAIRED AGAIN.
RAW
RAW

IGN : SirRAW13
Class : Drk

Back to top Go down

Post by 55 Guy Sat May 15, 2010 10:01 am

i just want to see you log in the game. I dont think i have ever seend the leeda log in.
55 Guy
55 Guy

IGN : XxSanjixX55
Class : Bucc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat May 15, 2010 1:33 pm

I could log on her characters for you if that would help xD

I voted No, because if i jinx it, great, you get a new computer =D
And if that was a backwards jinx, great, you join us again!
Steve
Steve

IGN : DKsDragon, DKsBowman
Class : Dark Knight, Bow Master
Humor : Present.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChazTheDude Sat May 15, 2010 2:21 pm

i voted no as well.
ChazTheDude

IGN : whatanign
Class : Adventurer
Humor : bored, horny, happy, calm, silly

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeSeng Tue May 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Steve log onto her characters and leech me with her BW :] Yuppp that's what you should do.. Yupp..
WeeSeng
WeeSeng

IGN : WeeSeng
Class : Future Dexless Hero
Humor : "Too da looo Motha fugga" -Mr. Chao ~ Hangover

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue May 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Cause using Drews bish with HS would make no sense at ALL.
Steve
Steve

IGN : DKsDragon, DKsBowman
Class : Dark Knight, Bow Master
Humor : Present.

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeSeng Tue May 18, 2010 1:08 pm

Oh yeah... use Drew's bishop with HS :] I'll get to 65... then back to finals studying >.>

PLooooooooooooooooX? :[
WeeSeng
WeeSeng

IGN : WeeSeng
Class : Future Dexless Hero
Humor : "Too da looo Motha fugga" -Mr. Chao ~ Hangover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down