[ 8 ]
29% 29% 
[ 5 ]
24% 24% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 17

Two parties or not?

Post by Steve on Thu May 27, 2010 9:24 am

Anyone who actually watches the zak threads knows that a lot of people are discontent with the 2 party rule.

The reasons I started it are as follows:
1. Costly ineffective - plain and simple, bringing 12 extra useless people cuts down on splits at ridiculously high rates.
2. Self Esteem - Who wants to be the 13th person soloing and having it shoved in their face that they arent good enough to be in P1 or P2?
3. Convenience - Organizing more than two parties is difficult
4. Pointlessness - A single character, almost no matter who it is, will not do any significant damage at all without SE or MW or SI etc., and simply cause the first 3 problems without actually helping

Obviously this is a anonymous vote, voice your opinions. I laid down the reasons for making this the rule, but if popular vote goes the other way, I will change the rule.

DKsEvan - 125 Evan, 6th Evan to hit 120 in Bello
DKsBlader - 120 Blade Master, 7 days to hit 120
FEARandHOPE - 120 Dawn Warrior, 8th Dawn Warrior to hit 120 in Bello
Steve

IGN : DKsDragon, DKsBowman
Class : Dark Knight, Bow Master
Humor : Present.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two parties or not?

Post by 55 Guy on Thu May 27, 2010 10:02 am

I say keep the sign up sheet. And if people, outside of the signup, want to tag along for guild camaraderie and no splits let them come. if you choose to do this, just make it known to those individuals before the run starts. If you want my whole spill on how I would do this, just let me know and I will give you my interpretation of how the rules show go.

Edit starts here V
After I posted, I went and read the sign up thread. I always thought it was 2 full parties, with the 3rd party being the looters. So I'm for 2 full attack parties of users and a 3rd party of looters and healers.
55 Guy

IGN : XxSanjixX55
Class : Bucc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeSeng on Thu May 27, 2010 10:26 am

I voted for the 3 parties because I always thought that if people loved zakking, they would be given that honor in doing so. But as for the splits, I don't really care about that since I get none xP and I'm pretty sure since if there's enough to have 3 parties, faster runs would be extremely better for the guild/people. Just in case some people have plans after. But that's just my opinion... DONT FLAME!!!!
WeeSeng

IGN : WeeSeng
Class : Future Dexless Hero
Humor : "Too da looo Motha fugga" -Mr. Chao ~ Hangover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Thu May 27, 2010 10:55 am

The thing with having 2 full parties + a 3rd party of healers and looters is that we simply dont have enough people to make it worthwhile.

We never have 2 people with SE, or 2 with MW30, or 2 with HB (far less a third for looters), or 3 bishops (this is the first run we'v had 3).

If the second party doesnt have any party buffs, it is completely pointless to actually have them as a party, and a group of soloers suck.

As for the speed thing, its better to take a bit longer and have more splits because of the 2 runs a day thing and how long it takes to get organized.

Steve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose on Thu May 27, 2010 10:59 am

I can understand the reasoning for the organization, but on the other hand, with only 2 parties as it is now, it is really about one "party" worth of people that get to sign up as about half the slots are already taken before sign up even starts.

It makes it kind of unfair for people to get a chance to sign up if they arent able to lurk the site all day long waiting for the next sign up post. How craptastic would it be if you had been watching the site for the next post for like hours, then had to step away from your computer for a bit (meal time, run to the grocery store, do an errand for [insert relative/friend/significant other]) just to come back and see all slots are already taken. Neutral
Rose

IGN : SerrasAngels

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RAW on Thu May 27, 2010 11:03 am

Dito to Rose's Post.

IGN : SirRAW13
Class : Drk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miriya on Thu May 27, 2010 12:14 pm

I agree with Rose and Rob.
When people come to sign up over half of the spots are already taken by pixels, and the usual attackers (chaz,kenny,brian)
And we have had 3+ bishops at the last two or three runs that I myself have been there.
Taylor and I love zakking, but with his schedule he doesn't have time to sit on the forum all day and wait to sign up, and neither do I.
Miriya

IGN : Ayirim/MsMiriya
Class : B-b-b-bishop!/NightLord
Humor : "Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broke, but you can still see the crack in that mother...er's reflection."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Thu May 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Well Iv listed my reasons, but I will bow to popular demand, starting next run (to give everyone time to vote on Poll)

Steve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xcaldazar on Thu May 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Steve wrote:Anyone who actually watches the zak threads knows that a lot of people are discontent with the 2 party rule.

The reasons I started it are as follows:
1. Costly ineffective - plain and simple, bringing 12 extra useless people cuts down on splits at ridiculously high rates.
2. Self Esteem - Who wants to be the 13th person soloing and having it shoved in their face that they arent good enough to be in P1 or P2?
3. Convenience - Organizing more than two parties is difficult
4. Pointlessness - A single character, almost no matter who it is, will not do any significant damage at all without SE or MW or SI etc., and simply cause the first 3 problems without actually helping

Obviously this is a anonymous vote, voice your opinions. I laid down the reasons for making this the rule, but if popular vote goes the other way, I will change the rule.

1. So our guild members are greedy? Yay Smile Extra people that attend regularly means almost always having a successful run which is also faster. More guild members get to join and it helps create a better guild by having more people involved in guild events.
2. I solod the last run, had no problem with it. It happens people need to deal with it. They can bitch to Nexon about the max 6 members to a party.
3. No nice way to put this but it just sounds selfish. "I don't wanna deal with it." Is how I read it.
4. Chaz was commenting on the speed of the run with me there as I solod without se, mw, or se.

You are free to organize your runs as you please. I get much more exp soloing zakum, but I enjoy bossing with guild members. I could just solo and even bring in my own looters but it is boring. Hopefully you guys don't take this the wrong way. If I am not able to join the guild in bossing when I actually do have time, I might as well look for another guild. It only makes sense to do so.

TLDR: Guild members should not be ousted from guild events or boss runs for 'convenience'.

xcaldazar

IGN : IshaCueran
Class : Night Lord
Humor : Twisted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beowulf on Thu May 27, 2010 3:53 pm

If you make a third party make at least 2 of the party memebers be looters. Whether mules, or just someone that can loot and sell. Selling 5-6 helms per run even at todays crap pricess will be decent with that big of a group.
Beowulf

IGN : MizFriday
Class : MM
Humor : Whats that?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChazTheDude on Thu May 27, 2010 4:05 pm

steve if i can get a scarlion, i can start selling for the guild. i don't mind wearing a scarlion so the runners can get more splits.

ChazTheDude

IGN : whatanign
Class : Adventurer
Humor : bored, horny, happy, calm, silly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Thu May 27, 2010 4:20 pm

Alright, I just posted a split-less scarlion run so that we can have more people who are able to loot zakum helms for the guild.

It looks as if the rules will change since its 60/40 in favour of more parties, so having more looters is pretty much a necessity.

Steve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly on Thu May 27, 2010 5:02 pm

My problem with the 2 party rule is that the same people are getting splits... if the same people are always in the parties, it really isn't fair is it? If we have enough sign up for 3 parties... then party 2 can switch out for run 2. I've been wanting to Zak myself but it seems when you post the party list its already full. Soooo what's the point of listing myself as backup?

Hell... if we can kill it faster... then why not do 3 runs?

Last edited by Kimberly on Thu May 27, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yes... 3 runs is a joke f3)

IGN : Krygerin/Dytez/Krygaran
Class : Sader/Blaze Wiz/Aran
Humor : I like to giggle... alot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly on Thu May 27, 2010 5:03 pm

My Blaze wiz can be a looter... I just need to buy another shop. I'm pretty sure I'm out of NX though -mumbles angrily-

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose on Thu May 27, 2010 5:07 pm

The idea of taking 2 more looters is good. Yeah that is 2 more spots auto filled for each run, but that is 4 more extra spots open. It might mean one or two will have to still go on a back up list, but as it has been mentioned before, there are usually cancellations and no shows at runs, so hopefully that won't be too big of an issue too often.

If it happens to be the same few people that are being put on backup as to signing up too late (assuming it is due to not being able to access the forums during the day, like due to work, etc), how about PMing them before the next run to see if they will able to go and put them on the list before the 'official' thread is posted.

And if we do have people that get a Scar helm insted of using their current zhlem so they can loot/sell zhelms for splits, then that would be even more spots. cheers
Rose

IGN : SerrasAngels

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drew on Thu May 27, 2010 5:08 pm

hmm I dont know does steve have enough mules/money/time to do more then 2 runs a week?

Drew

IGN : HOLYmorphine
Class : Bishop, Hero, Corsair
Humor : Level is Over 9000!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly on Thu May 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Hell... I can host one if I have too

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miriya on Thu May 27, 2010 5:15 pm

If I can get one of these helms (idk what the stats are or how to get them) then I could become a looter too on my NL and my Bishop. I just need to know what I have to do to get one.
Miriya

Humor : "Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broke, but you can still see the crack in that mother...er's reflection."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian on Thu May 27, 2010 5:16 pm

I agree with the statments of people not being on all day to be able to sign up for runs, it isn't fair

Besides the last two run i hosted in your spot really we only have 13-14 ppl, it was alot of funn EXTREMELY FAST run, we joked around, thats the reason i still play maple for moments like that. Another thing is that we have a few people that can go solo party as well its not that big of a deal.

I like your reasons steve but I would say three parties, it might be a little bit worse splits but isnt the main reason for bossing is to have fun and get all our guildies invovled. And this way more can get involved. Unless you want some of us to be bored all summer! SUMMER BREAK ALMOST HERE!
Brian

IGN : DexlesILLBIS/CrimsonRoarr/MarksMyMan/Graceling
Class : Night Lord/White Knight/Sniper/Cleric
Humor : HAHAHAHA Now I need Food =P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Fri May 28, 2010 1:25 am

Pff my summer break IS here. Just came back from prom Wink

Anyway keep voting guys. And kim, im not sure if you meant 3 runs a week or 3 a night, but if its the latter, you can only enter zakum 2x a night.

Steve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beowulf on Fri May 28, 2010 11:30 am

Who deleted my post I was serious! If people are gonna whine and complain about how the hoster sets up parties etc then I will gladly give up my spot as I normally have to trade 2x time for zaking on a different account.

And seriously, if its too much of a problem to have pixels looting and Lily and I in the attacking party I can always withdraw and go back to duo runs, or even solo on weekends, that would be fine with me. But I am here trying to help others earn messos through bossing. Not be an ***** that monopolizes benefits from a "guild" activity.
Beowulf

IGN : MizFriday
Class : MM
Humor : Whats that?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly on Fri May 28, 2010 11:44 am

Jason and Lily, you two are fine... You are a necessity to these runs.

...and I want to know who deleted Jasons post! Unless it was filled with dirty words, you had know right to do that!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fro5tfire on Fri May 28, 2010 12:01 pm

The way I see it.
The hoster sets up the runs.
He/she is organizing it as seem fit.

Now other's who can not make it or get in can easily host their own runs on different days. Granted if they have no experience in hosting a run, there will be learning curve and a ton of patience will be needed. But I'm sure the turn out will be the same.
I'm sure the more experience hosters would be more than willing to help out and teach others how it is done.

If all you are looking for is a free zhelm, then wait in line and try catch an open spot. And those that want to experience bossing but can't make it online all the time to sign up, let shoot for mid week zruns maybe.

That's the way how I see it, first come first serve. Now as always, i'm not trying to sound like a prick, just sharing my $0.02. But that's just how the world works.
Both real and virtual.

-Fro5tfire
Fro5tfire

IGN : Frortfire, Fro5tb1te
Class : Shadower, Evan
Humor : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miriya on Fri May 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Idk guys, this is all getting ridiculous with someone deleting Jason's post. That's not right.
The thread was made for us to vote and give our thoughts on the two parties rule.

And that doesn't seem fair what you are saying greg, all of us have helms. Why would we just be in it for a free helm?
Zakking is a fun event that ALL guildies should be allowed to participate in, regardless of how high or how low the splits are.
Sorry that some of us have lives outside of our computers -.-
Miriya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fro5tfire on Fri May 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Yes I agree with that all guildies should participate.

The only other way I can see this working is to have 3 parties and have runs two or three times a week?

You don't have to be sorry for anything.
It's just how it goes I guess.

-Fro5tfire
Fro5tfire

IGN : Frortfire, Fro5tb1te
Class : Shadower, Evan
Humor : None

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down